This Key Note Market Digest analyses key performance data and the structure of the UK sector engaged in waste management services between 2008 and 2014. In addition, various market trends, both ongoing and emerging, and key drivers are also examined.
The report covers activities under the UK SIC (2007) category 39.00 — Remediation activities and other waste management services. This category covers the following activities:
- decontamination of soils and groundwater at the place of pollution, either in situ or ex situ, using, for example, mechanical, chemical or biological methods
- decontamination of industrial plants or sites, including nuclear plants and sites
- decontamination and cleaning up of surface water following accidental pollution, for example through collection of pollutants or through application of chemicals
- cleaning up oil spills and other pollutions on land, in surface water, in ocean and seas, including coastal areas
- asbestos, lead paint and other toxic material abatement
- other specialised pollution-control activities.