This Key Note Market Digest analyses key performance data and the structure of the UK sector engaged in the construction of roads and motorways between 2006 and 2015. In addition, various market trends, both ongoing and emerging, and key drivers are also examined.
The report covers activities under the UK SIC (2007) category 42.11 — Construction of roads and motorways — and the UK SIC (2003) category 45.23 — Construction of motorways, roads, airfields and sports facilities. This category covers three main activities:
- the construction of motorways, streets, roads, other vehicular and pedestrian ways
- surface work on streets, roads, highways, bridges or tunnels, including:
- asphalt paving of roads
- road painting and other marking
- installation of crash barriers, traffic signs and the like
- the construction of airfield runways.
Key Note’s Market Digest reports deliver valuable insight into corporate activity throughout the UK economy, providing an overview of key measures and metrics across a diverse range of industries and market sectors, ranging from agriculture and manufacturing through to wholesale, retail and service activities. Comprehensive and easily digestible, the following report provides information over a 10-year period using the latest available data...