This Key Note Market Digest analyses key performance data and the structure of the UK sector engaged in funeral and related activities between 2004 and 2013. In addition, various market trends are examined, both ongoing and emerging, to give a better notion of the sector’s key drivers.
The report covers activities under the UK SIC (2007) category 96.03 — funeral and related activities and the UK SIC (2003) category 93.03 of the same name. This category covers the following main activities:
- burial and incineration of human or animal corpses
- preparing the dead for burial or cremation and embalming and morticians’ services
- providing burial or cremation services
- renting of equipped space in funeral parlours
- renting or sale of graves
- maintenance of graves and mausoleums.
This class excludes religious funeral service activities and the gardening of cemeteries.
Key Note’s Market Digest reports deliver valuable insight into corporate activity throughout the UK economy, providing an overview of key measures and metrics across a diverse range of industries and market sectors, ranging from agriculture and manufacturing through to wholesale, retail and service activities. Comprehensive and easily digestible, the following report provides information over a 10-year...